Sorry I’ve been avoiding you.
It’s not you.
And the human growing in my abdomen.
That’s right. I can’t keep a secret, so I’ve avoiding posting on here until the news was out in the open and people knew.
And by “out in the open”, I mean FBO. Facebook official. You know, the new formal announcement to let all of your sort-of acquaintances know what’s going on in your life so they can stalk you for the next 6+ months. Hey, I’m not judging. I’m guilty of it, too. And there are a lot of my friends on there, too.
So, the little one will be arriving around the end of October and I’ve heard suggestions of keeping a journal to remember all of the
ridiculous interesting things that come up between then and now. Here are just a few of my observations:
1. Now my dreams are all wacked out. To the point where I’m afraid to be unconscious. I just never know who will show up or what interrogation methods will be used to track down Jack Bauer. I’ve clearly been watching too much 24 on DVD…
2. The Beast knows. And she may or may not be okay with it. She won’t leave my side and needs to cuddle. Constantly. Even in the small recliner we have.
3. My hormones haven’t been too bad except in one aspect of my life: road rage. As if my strong dislike for my fellow commuters wasn’t already outrageous.
Zipper. Merge. Do it, people. Seriously, don’t make me hormonally rage on you.
4. I can really get away with doing nothing now. I have a built-in excuse even though you can’t see it yet.
And most importantly:
5. I have no idea what I have gotten myself into.